Thursday, August 09, 2007

World of Warcraft

Yesterday night me and Busso decided to play a one-vs-one match of World of Warcraft, including the expansion.

We played with two character each: I was the Horde (Warrior and Shaman) and Busso was the Alliance (Priest and Paladin).

The new rules (blue quest, new power and traits, destiny deck) are quite nice and really improve the game. As told before, WoW is a great game but with a really long learning curve, because you need to know your character deck very well and make the right trait/power choices.

Was a long time since I played it and so I was not able to configure well my warrior in the beginning. Busso's Paladin, on the other side, shows again to be one of the strongest characters in the game: just before reaching the IV level was able to roll 6 green and 6 red without using mana.

We decided to stop the game at 23rd turn, after I defeated a blue Doom Guard, making the final battle between us. Alliance's Paladin was a level IV and the Priest a level III; my Warrior was a level IV and my Shaman a level III. I was really well configured for killing monsters (I was able to play something like 4-8 attrition avery turn) but not so good against other players, sinc I was lacking rerolls.

Busso defeated me in 4 combat rounds and win the game.

As usual we noticed that we wait too much before trying heavy quest or attacking the bosses. Probably both of us will already have had opportunity to try to kill the big boss.

I really would like to play it again soon. I think is a nice 2-4 player game : with more than 4 the downtime increase too much.

good play
Liga

No comments: