Friday, January 11, 2008

Thursday at home: the new and the old!

Hi all

yesterday was a good night of play at my home. Two games: an Essen new (Race for the Galaxy) and an evergreen old game (Wiz War).

We was 4: me, Saverio, Nand and Gabbo! Saverio and Nand are old connections but Gabbo was a nie new surprise!

We start with Race for the Galaxy: first time for Gabbo and Nand, 2n time for Saverio.

I was able to setup a really good mineral strategy with two windmill and two standard worlds supported my the mining robots and some other useful technologies. My production engine at full rate was able to produce 8 points and 4 cards every 2 turn and I was able to run it twice at full power before the end.
Other points I got from the nice 6 technology card and an huge 5 points alien planet settled in the last turn. I got 42 points and the second was Gabbo at 33. A nice game and we all enjoyed the game.

Than was time for a Wiz War, one of my favourite of ever.

I started really well, with an enchanted dagger causing 4 damages all the round and a wand that let me pass through the walls. I got the first treasure quickly and I was close to drop the 2nd one (actually I got the card to do it but I miss the move!), than I killed Saverio, before other players realize I was to one to beat ... and they beat me well and hard. I was killed by the skeleton, with my exit close by the Ooze and the approaching wraith. In the and an almost dead Gabbo (just 1 life points left) was able to drop the 2nd treasure and close the game. Wiz War is always a fun game to play and I'm happy it shoved up one time more on my table!

good play
Liga

No comments: