Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Memoir'44: First Warsaw

Yesterday night me and Glauco fight First Warasw, the 3rd scenario in the German-Polish war.

I was playing the Germans and Glauco the Polish. We decided to use the Air Pack and, in the end, I think was not a good idea since the scenario was balanced with the normal rules.

Anyway, here is the report.

I got a real shocking start with 2 left-all command cards and an armour assault. At the end of the 3rd turn the Polish troops near Modin was almost destroyed (just a damaged artillery was still in the city).
I start to concentrate on my right wing and that was my first mistake. The artillery on the left heavily damaged my tanks and soldiers. Only the lucky searfing of my Messerschmitt was able to kill the last artillery opening the gates of Modin.

But in the center and in the right the battle was fierce. Polish infantries advanced occupying the wood close to Pruszkow slowing the German advance. Finally I was able to clear out Warsaw: no enemy troops anywhere in the maps and a final rush to the city ... but the (improbable) Polish aviation make a ride on Modin killing my unit and bringing an unexpected Allies victory ... well done Glauco ... to the next battle!

Real a nice scenario, balanced and with interesting victory conditions. I think it is better to play without the Air Pack rules.

good play
Liga

No comments: