Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wednesday of Playtest at TreEmme

Hi gamers

yesterday was a nice evening of playtest at Club TreEmme Modena. Me, Jappo and Paolo (Senso) helped the Cogito Studio Team (Carlo A. Rossi, Alessandro Zucchini and Alf) in playtesting a new Alessandro Zucchini game.

As usual is not too much what I can say about the game. It is a nice majority game with clever new ideas. The theme is, at the moment, nice and quite well related with the mechanics. All the players have a fixed number of tokens. every turn they compete for both taking cards and placing tokens in the map. Every time an area is completed there is a score phase where the cards are used. Cards are also used for many other things, including end game scoring.

OK, that is not too much and not really new but I must keep my finger blocked in writing more. I really enjoyed the game and, we some necessary fixing and balancing, I think it could be an OK game.

After the playtesting session me, Jappo and Senso played a Factory Fun game. It is always nice to play that game. I was able to win, placing all 10 factories in the maps and undertaking only 1 minor (1 factory) and 1 major (2 factory) rearrangement during the game. Paolo was second and since it was for him the first game I think he could really be an hard opponent in the future.

good play
Liga

No comments: