Monday, October 09, 2006

Friday evening at Club TreEmme


Friday was a nice evening at Club TreEmme Modena. A lot of gamers and a lot of play!

We start the evening with Ave Caesar. It was the new release. I really like the new cards but the tracks are ugly. I think that in a game like this the only thing they will have to care making maps was the clearness and have enough space for the chariots: it dis-attend in both this aspects. But the game is always nice. We was six (me, Jappo, Gianluca, Saverio, Daniele and Auro): I won the first race and I got 4th in the second one.

After that we move to Saboteur: we was 8 players. Was the first time for me. The game was nice (at least in 8) but, I think, too much luck driven and I'm definitely not a party-game lover.

After Saboteur was the time of Graverobbers. Six players. I really like this game Ie have followed and play-tested since his early stages when it was themed in Lucca. The game was quite in equilibrium and, in the end, I won scoring both my white objectives and a plus 1 form the cards in my hands. I think I'll write soon a Review of this nice game from Carlo A. Rossi.

In the end of the night I played a Dungeon Twister Base + Paladins & Dragons Expasnion against Jappo. I think it is really a very good games (one of my few 10s on BoardGameGeek). My team was: Wizard, Priest, Troll, Golem, Warrior, Paladin, Thief and Weapon Master. I was able to score quickly 3 points killing the Ghost and the Dragon (I was lucky to meet the ghost with my troll settled in very advanced position). The last two points has been an easy task (killed the Weapon Master and escaped the Thief) but in the meanwhile Jappo was able to save his Elven Scout. So, was a 5 to 1 in the end. Very nice evening!

Apart from me (and people gaming with me) at TreEmme there was a lot of players: a RPG group (I think was a classic D&D 3.5), people (more than 4 for sure) playing Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer Ancients. A group involved in a classical wargame (I think it was a World in Flames) and another boardgames groups playing Puerto Rico.

No comments: