Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Monday evening at Club TreEmme

Hi all

yesterday was a real good evening of game At Club TreEmme (Modena). It was the first of two evenings called "Essen Games Festival", devoted to the Essen news.

First game for me was Graenland from the CzechBoardGames. We was five: me, Auro, Glauco, Paolo and CarloLucca. We used the basic rules and the newbie set up. The game was really nice, slow starting (but the was good so we can get into the game easily) but really deep and intriguing.

My early alliance with Glauco (we own one region with a road and we share the resources equally) and my grain improvement in the other territory I control was enough to get a good start (I was the first player).

I was able to build first a Keep (in a region where I was already there with 2 villages) and improve my army to strength 3 in the same round. In the next building phase for me was easy to build the church in the same region and get so the 3rd victory condition.

Really a nice game. I want to replay it soon with the advanced victory condition.

After that we play a quick Santy Annno game. we was 4 player (me,
Francia, Saverio and Auro) and I was able to get an easy victory (19 points for me!). the game is good (we played with the basic rules only) and funny: it is a party game and so is not really the kind of game I'm used to like but it works well.

Finally I have explained Legie to Auro and Francia and look the game: the play the basic rules. I think it is a deep game but since I have only go through the rules and watched it I have not a clear opinion.

In the same evening there was a Space Dealer game (Saverio, Francia and Joker) and a Kings of Chicago (Monty, Mimmo, Zhu, Joker, Franz and Jappo).

Greanland

Liga: really i nice game I'm sure I would like to try again. It seems deep and intriguing and I think the advanced rules for victory could really improve the game. Vote 9/10

King of Chicago

Franz: since far away from a perfect game I quite enjoied it. The rules are to be improved and there are many bugs but the graphics is good. It is not the kind of game I would like toplay often

Jappo: is a beautiful game that will put you deep in the noir atmosphere. It is funny and I think that 5 is the right number of players. It is not boring and the time pass quickly and I think it is shirter with more players since if you are near to other players facilities you can run into quickly. I have to admit that there are many bugs and rules to change. Anyway, as a 5 player game my vote is 8/10

Legion

Francia: nice game without any randomenss all based on strategy and planification. Optimum also as a travel game since the small dimension of the board. vote 8/10

Sainty Anno

Liga: a nice party game, funny and dynamic. Vote 7/10

Saverio: it need quickness and concentration. Best suited for big groups (with some beers drinks for mistakes). It is not the kind of game I like but it could work as party game. Vote 5/10

Francia: nice and frenzied. I think it will best played in more than 4. Vote 7/10

Space Dealer

Saverio: there is not too much interaction since every player is mainly looking at his objective and just quick looking to other players actions in the meantime: anyway is a funny title and you have to try it. Vote 7/10

Francia: catchy game but I think one play is not enough to get all the opportunities this game offers. Also the fact that it was a 3 player game and before the end Joker left the table doesn't help too much in giving a right vote. Vote 8/10

Friday evening the second "Essen Game Festival" and it will be the time to try Marvel Heroes.

Good play to all
Liga

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All's fair in love and war

[url=http://www.dsquared-outlet.com]dsquared outlet[/url]

- shakwandee5ha

Anonymous said...

Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By.'

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Abercrombie-Jackets/132361870158377]abercrombie jackets[/url]