Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Monday Evening at Club TreEmme

Hi all

yesterday evening at Club TreEmme Modena I was involved in a play-test session by Cogito Studio (Alf, Carlo A. Rossi and Alessandro Zucchini). We tested three games: one classical German Games and two quick light games (filler).

I don't really know how much I can tell about these games, so I'll be foggy! t

Te first game (from Alessandro Zucchini) was really nice and, I think, ready. We was four (me, Saverio, Paolo and Carlo) and the game last for less than an hour. It has some really nice and new ideas.

The second game (filler) was from Alessandro too. It is a simple bid game and it plays well and quickly: there is not too much in the game but it is fun and that is what everyone looks in a filler. I think also that one is close to be ready. We play it in 6, me, Saverio, Paolo, Carlo, Alf and Alessandro.

The third game (from Carlo) was still a filler but it is far away to be ready: the game, as we tested, doesn't work at all and we stop it before the end. We was agin six: me, Saverio, Paolo, Carlo, Alf and Alessandro.

After this session of play-test we play Factory Fun. Was my first play at this game and I found it quite enjoiable. We was 4 player: me, Saverio, Alf and Carlo.

The game is about building a factory connecting machine to appropriate power sources (in 4 colours: red, brown, blue and yellow). Every machine needs some input (represented as a number that range from 1 to 3 in one, two or three colours) and give some output (it could be 1,2 or 3 points in one colour or a final product: black).

Every player start the game with a game board, a power source in each of the 4 colours, a black output depot and 3 white depots.

During the turn you can acquire a new machine and you have to try to fit it in your factory. Moving pieces already there (machines, connections and depots) cost you money like adding new elements. Connecting a new machine give you money.

Every round as many machines as players are revealed and every one take one (or zero) machine in speed order.

If you are not able to place a machine you loose points. If you are able to take the inputs of a new machine from the outputs of others you get bonus (points that you score in the end).

It happens that you have to rearrange your factory to make space for the new machines but you can rearrange only 2 machine every turn and only if you place a new one.

The game become a sort of solo-play puzzle: the interaction between players take place only in the beginning of each turn in the phase where the new machines are assigned.

I found it a really nice game and I hope to play it again.

Other game played at club TreEmme: two D&D 3.5 groups and a 4 players Marvel Heroes.

good play
Liga

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your blog and reading about the Italian gaming scene. Please keep posting at least some things in English!

Andrea "Liga" Ligabue said...

Thank you. I try to do my best but my english is so poor. Apart from articles and previews I wrote for Italians web sites I'll keep posting in english.

good play!