Friday, November 17, 2006

Thursday evening at SdP home!


I was in Rome at a networking meeting and I was so lucky to be hosted at SdP house. Sdp is a great gamer and collector, and also a good friend. We spent a good evening eating and plying together. I also learnt from SdP that he will be the first Italian invited at Alan Moon Gathering ... I hope he could make there a lot of pictures and bring me some.

First we played Khronos. We was in 5: me, SdP, Isabella, Emiliano and Paolo. We used the variant suggested by the designer himself (play two cards as one card of chosen colour). In the game you have to try to score points in three different epochs, might, faith and reason, building and occupying war, religious and civil buildings. Every turn you can move your pawns (2) in one (or two) of the three maps and build there according to the four cards you have in your hand: more cards you play bigger will be the building. Also the building in the early epochs (might and faith) will have shadows in age of reason. When you place a building you can just expand a dominion (a group of connected buildings) or just found a new one. In each dominion can be just only one prominent war and religious building. Connecting two dominions could cause a fight for the prominency.


At the end of the 4th and 7th turn there is a score phase: you get points in age of might if you occupy the biggest war building in dominions: occupying the religious one in age of faith and occupying civil in age of reason. You can score only in 2 of the 3 ages.

The three maps are connected and the early ages could influence the last one.

I found the game really funny and deeply strategic: you have to plan what and where to build, looking for other players plans and also thinking about the evolution on the other map.

I won the game getting a rel big dominion in the age of might ruled by me and as large as half the map. In the 7th turn I also score quite a lot point in the age of faith for a big dominion. I never played for all the game in the age of reason. I got 67 points and the seconds, Isabella and Emiliano, scored 28! Now I'm really unhappy to haven't bought the game in Essen!

Here Isabella is looking for the best move.


On the other table Flaminia, Virginio, Rporrini and Ugoslave played Factory Fun.


After that I played three Factory Fun game with SdP. I lost the first one but I won the other two. I think it is also quite a good 2 players game: really didn't change too much playing in 2,3 or 4 players. I'm happy to been able to play it again,

Good play to all
Liga

Tank to SdP for this pictures and also some of my Essen pictures. You can see more SdP picture here

No comments: