Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm now a member if the IGA

I'm now a member of the International Gamers Awards committee for General Strategy Games.


That is really a great news for me and I think it is also a great news for Italy. I'm a bit worried but I'm happy: I'll have to play more games (and that's not so bad!) and keep my eyes open on the new release (but actually that is what I was doing already in the last 3 years!).

What I was wondering about is: I'm already so old ? Usually peoples are elected members in committee late in their walk in this world but I'm only 34. I think that living in a city with the largest and greatest Italian game association, Club TreEmme Modena, really helps. I started my game career early , when I was 16, playing everything was avaible in the late 80s: Avalon Hill Games, World in Flames, Star Fleet Battles, RPGs, Battletech and Games Workshop Games. In my gaming association there was players that are used to play games since the beginning of the 80s and teach me a lot. They teach me the pleasure to learn and play new games and I keep doing that during the years also trying to teach new members new games.

So, I'm ready for this new challenge: play must go on!
Liga

No comments: